CULTIVATE, verb /ˈkəltəˌvāt/
to improve by labor, care, or study: “cultivate the mind”
Cultivate your mind and find more clarity, connection and confidence in your work.
Professional coach, Shelly Jackson Buffington, will be your guide as you journey to find that clarity, connection and confidence. Shelly helps business owners and professionals discover more meaning in the work they do, and find more mindful, intentional opportunities to connect effectively with their audiences.
During this powerful weekend retreat you'll:
- receive a one-on-one strategy session with a business and brand coach, Shelly Jackson Buffington.
- connect with other inspired business owners.
- develop a self-care toolkit to help you manage stress.
- participate in a Forest Bath, a guided contemplative nature walk to help you deeply connect to your work and creativity.
- learn about implementing sustainable systems to streamline work.
- develop intentional goal-setting to maximize your productivity.
- craft purposeful content about your brand to share with your audience.
- build your unique narrative to better position your brand in your industry.
- find more ease in your work and feel better doing what you love.
Every REC Retreat is ALL-INCLUSIVE:
Lummi Island, Washington is part of the San Juan Islands archipelago, located just south of the Canadian border. (In fact, we see the Canadian Cascades glow pink in the evening from REC Retreats!)
Driving distances to Lummi Island from:
Bellingham 15 miles
Seattle 113 miles
Vancouver, British Columbia 43 miles
Portland, Oregon 221 miles
If you are driving to an event at REC Retreats, you will find our ferry is friendly: it runs frequently so the wait is never long, it is affordable and the crossing is quick (7 minutes.)
Nearby airports and travel time to Lummi Island from:
Bellingham Airport (BLI): 20 minutes
Vancouver, British Columbia Airport (YVR): approximately 50 minutes
Seattle/Tacoma Airport (SEA): approximately 2 hours
If you are flying in, please let us know and we can give you suggestions for easy & inexpensive transportation to the island.
REGISTRATION CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT
Prefer some privacy? Reserve one of the two private rooms ahead of time.
- The deluxe Mt. Baker Room is the place to be pampered. This room has a king bed, fireplace, balcony, 32" tv and a stunning view of the sunrise over the mountains. If you are looking for luxury, choose this space. +$150
- The cozy Writer’s Room is soothing and peaceful - with a full-size antique brass bed and a vintage oak rocker, it feels as if you are visiting Grandma. If journaling is a big part of your self-care, the desk in this room will be a bonus. +$115
Not ready to go home? Make your travel time worthwhile and stay an extra night. After the retreat ends on Sunday, and most of the retreat participants have departed, stay one more night and enjoy the quiet house, and the tranquil island. Dinner is on your own, and a continental breakfast is provided. $65
Scholarship application period closed August 18.